Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Ok so my days are back to normal. I didn't have any parties planned so I did well this week. Grand total, I have lost 17 pounds in about a months time. 5 pounds this week and I still wasn't perfect.

You know, I really thought this whole loosing weight thing would be really hard and I wouldn't be able to stick with it. I mean, yeah I don't work out some days, yeah I have too many cheerios, I still over eat. I can't believe that I can do all those things and still loose weight. I guess over 300 pounds makes it easier to loose weight, it practically melts off with very little effort, but I'm sure the time will come when I have to start eating low fat foods, or workout every day, or really have to commit to this whole losing weight thing. Hopefully by then, I will only be putting forth the same amout of willpower as I am now, but accomplishing greater things. In other words, the first thing I did was stop drinking Mtn Dew. At first it was hard. I was at work drinking water instead and it got old, fast. Now, not drinking Mtn Dew is second nature and its easy for me to turn it down. The hard part now is just sticking to eating healthy. Sometimes I do want to grill a hamburger or to go to Craigo's and pig out on their all you can eat pizza. Sometimes at night I want to eat some toast with peanut butter and jelly with a huge glass of milk. Or buy oreos. Or make fried chinese food. Or buy a snikers. But I don't and its getting easier to refuse those things as time goes on. It seems like my tastebuds change and things that I thought were disgusting and never liked suddenly become apetizing. For example, squash. I hated that crap as a kid. My mom made me eat it, like most mothers do, and just the other day i wend grocery shopping and saw squash on the shelf next to carrots and I thought about buying some. I didn't buy any but the point is that if I had seen that 2 months ago, I probably would have run and scream, but now as I eat healthy I crave things like that. I'm turning a new leaf and look forward to the day that I will be healthy.

Today I also went fishing. I caught 7 or 8 fish, mostly small guys, but it was a good day fishing. As I returned those fish back into the river, I needed to rinse my hands off in the river. It was hard for me to bend over and wash my hands, I had to lean on something or get on my knees. I was fishing with my buddy Brad and noticed that it was no problem for him to wash his hands off. I want to be able to have no problem with things like that, my blubber gets in my way and is rather embarassing sometimes. Things like that also keep me going and I look forward to the day I loose most of my weight and have no problem being athletic like I want to be.

2 comments:

Meg 'n Heath said...

i Know we are talked about this but im still so proud of you and im excited for you to feel good physically. im also excited for you to look good. and get all the compliments i have gotten and the im excited for you to be someones inspiration how i was yours along with a few others haha. im just all around excited for you, especially cause i know how it feels!

Hawkins said...

Ben, I am so proud of you. Meg converted me too. I am on my second week so I guess we'll see how it goes at weight-in. -Rebekah